Master of Business Administration Retail
March, July and November
Full Time: 1 year (Minimum) or
Part Time : 2 years (Minimum)
Online / Blended Weekend intensive delivery
Fee & Scholarship:
Flexible payment and scholarship.
Universiti Tun Abdul Razak (UNIRAZAK) was established on 18 December 1997 and is one of the first private universities in Malaysia. UNIRAZAK is wholly-owned by Yayasan Pelaburan Bumiputra, which also owns Permodalan Nasional Berhad (PNB). Since 2012, UNIRAZAK has been under the leadership and guidance of our esteemed Chancellor, YABhg. Tun Ahmad Sarji bin Abdul Hamid.
UNIRAZAK is known for its coveted degrees which were jointly-developed in partnership with globally renowned professional bodies. This unique approach enabled its students to obtain dual publications: a degree and accreditation by professional bodies relevant to their chosen fields be they in accounting, management, taxation and Islamic banking & finance. To date, UNIRAZAK’s programme partners include CPA Australia, Chartered Management Institute of United Kingdom (CMI), Malaysian Association of Tax Accountants (MATA), Chartered Tax Institute of Malaysia (CTIM), Islamic Banking and Finance Institute Malaysia (IBFIM), Malaysian Institute of Insurance (MII) and others. Today, UNIRAZAK is firmly established as ‘Kuala Lumpur’s Premier School of Business, Government & Education’.
UNIRAZAK meets the highest standards for tertiary education and has been awarded MSC-status and SIRIM certification ISO 9001:2000. In 2017, UNIRAZAK achieved 4-star ratings for MYRA and SETARA and was bestowed the Ministry of Education’s Grand Award for ‘Entrepreneurial Private University of the Year’ in 2015.
GRADUATE SCHOOL OF BUSINESS (GSB)
Graduate School of Business (GSB) helps to realize the university’s aspiration to be a centre that provides high-quality education and training of managerial leaders with internationally acclaimed recognitions and accreditations. As a centre of excellence in postgraduate business education, GSB specializes in providing business and management-related programmes which are relevant and purposeful in meeting the current and future needs of the industry. The programmes are designed to provide real-world practical learning experiences that incorporate both hard and soft skills as well as to be intellectually stimulating with well-grounded theories on business and management. GSB is home to a wide variety of specialised postgraduate academic programmes that set themselves apart from the staple programme offerings found at many universities. Such programmes include Master of Management, the first MBA (Online) in SEA with secured anti-cheating Virtual Exam Centre and specialized MBAs accredited by Chartered Manager Institute (CMI), United Kingdom (UK) like MBA (Leadership), MBA (Services Management) and MBA (Retail and Hypermarket). With CMI Programs, graduates will be certified up to Level 7 Chartered Manager status, the first university to be accredited in Malaysia. We also offer research programmes such as Master of Philosophy (MPhil) and Doctor of Philosophy.
Master of Business Administration
Retail and Hypermarket
The MBA (Retail & Hypermarket) program nurtures graduates to be managers who are capable of providing strategic direction and developing logical, critical, and creative solutions to problems faced by organizations in the retail and hypermarket industry.
- To enable graduates to articulate and apply relevant theories and adopt the principles and best practices in the retail and hypermarket industry.
- To enable graduates to perform as managers who demonstrate managerial leadership when performing value-added processes with effective communication skills.
- To enable graduates to formulate, communicate, and implement strategic thinking processes involving cross-cultural communication and sensitivity to the needs of different cultures.
UNIRAZAK MBA RETAIL & HYPERMARKET UNITS
The MBA (Retail & Hypermarket) program requires a total 42 credits to complete and its devided into two parts as follows:
Elective - Choose any two courses
- A bachelor’s degree with minimum CGPA of 2.75 or equivalent, as accepted by the University Senate; or
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent with minimum CGPA of 2.50 and not meeting CGPA of 2.75, can be accepted subject to a minimum of 2 years working experience in relevant field; or
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent not meeting CGPA of 2.50, can be accepted subject to a minimum of 5 years working experience in relevant field.
All applicant are required to attain any of the followings before they are accepted for admission into the programme:
- A minimum score of Band 6.0 in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS)*; or
- A minimum score of 550 for a paper-based total or 80 for an Internet based total for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)*; or
- A minimum of Grade C in First Cambridge English (FCE) minimum scale 169, or B2 in CEFR, or Pearson Test of English (PTE 50-58) as required proficiency; or
- A recognized first degree undertaken in English medium; or
- Successful attainment of FCE minimum of Grade C (169) conducted by the Centre for English Language (CEL) within 12 months from the date of entry with conditional offer letter.
Note: The validity period for IELTS and TOEFL is two years from the date awarded.
- Retail Consultant
- Store Director
- Merchandise Director
- Product Manager
- Purchasing Manager
- Inventory Control Manager
Thank you for your interest in
UNIRAZAK Master of Business Administration Retail and Hypermarket
For in-depth program details
Ready to apply?
Still not convinced?