Personal Data Protection
Intelli Education Group Sdn Bhd (hereinafter known as / trading as “IEG Campus”) respects the protection of your personal information and is committed to maintaining your privacy. This Personal Data Protection Notice explains the collection, usage and disclosure of personal information in accordance with the Malaysian Personal Data Protection Act 2010. By applying to be a student of IEG Campus, by engaging IEG Campus to provide services, by communicating with IEG Campus or by interacting with IEG Campus either at our events, conference, seminars, talks or otherwise or using IEG Campus website at https://iegcampus.com/, you consent to the processing of your Personal Data (as defined herein and by “Personal Data Protection Act 2010”) by IEG Campus and all persons, bodies, companies, schools, colleges, universities, corporation, relevant authorities and/or third-party service or product providers within or outside Malaysia involved in the provision of services by IEG Campus or the course business.
Please note that IEG Campus shall have the right to modify, update or amend the terms this Personal Data Protection Notice at any time without prior notice by placing the updated Notice of the Website. An updated version is available on the website (https://iegcampus.com/personal-data-protection/) for periodical review. By continuing to communicate with IEG Campus or by continuing to use the IEG Campus’s services following the modification, updates or amendments to this notice shall signify your acceptance of such modifications, updates or amendments.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use personal information solely to fulfil those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless the consent of the individual concerned is obtained or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes.
- Personal information will be collected by fair means; with the knowledge and consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION
1.1. Type of Personal Data
“Personal Data” means any information which identifies you as an individual, including but not limited to:
- Name, title, education background, identity card number, passport number, EPF account number, SOCSO account number, income tax number;
- Contact information such as mobile phone number, house address, e-mail address, emergency contact details, parents and/or guardian details, Skype, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and another mode of connection through the social media;
- Demographic information such as race, religion, nationality, gender and preferences;
- Medical details;
- Attendance records, examination results, academic records and performance in IEG Campus;
- Images (including photographs), the information in audio and/or video format (including voice, video recording, closed-circuit television (“CCTV”) and security recording) and any information relating to you;
- List of awards and recognition won from both local and international competition;
- Research grants details;
- Particulars of your spouse, parents or family members;
- Bank account information;
- Any information that has been or may be collected, stored, used or processed by IEG Campus from time to time in connection with any commercial relationship with IEG Campus.
1.2 Source of Personal Information
• Student / Potential Student
IEG Campus collects your Personal Data directly or indirectly from you, your parents, your family members, your guardians and/or recruitment agents, from a variety of sources including without limitation through completed enquiry, course application form via various means including online and physical hardcopies, at education fairs, events, conferences, talks, seminars, classes or by using IEG Campus website.
• Parent / Guardian of Student / Potential Student
IEG Campus collects your Personal Data directly or indirectly from you, your child and/or recruitment agents, from a variety of sources including without limitation through completed enquiry, course application form via various means including online and physical hardcopies at education fairs, events, conferences, talks, seminars or by using IEG Campus website.
IEG Campus collects your Personal Data directly or indirectly from you when you via a variety of sources including but without limitation when you register at our alumni community website and/or at our events, conferences, talks, seminars or by using IEG Campus website.
• Employer / Potential Employer of IEG Campus’s Student / Graduate
IEG Campus collects your Personal Data directly or indirectly from you or your colleagues when you register at our career portal as a means of providing job opportunities to our students/graduates. Your personal data may also be collected via cookies by using the IEG Campus website.
• Supplier or Service Provider
IEG Campus collects your Personal Data directly or indirectly from you or credit reference agencies as part of the commercial transactions. Your personal data may also be collected via cookies by using the IEG Campus website.
• Employee or Potential Employee
IEG Campus collects your Personal Data directly or indirectly from you or your references when you apply for employment and/or during your course of tenure with IEG Campus. Your personal data may also be collected via cookies by using the IEG Campus website.
In general, Personal Data will also be obtained from written or verbal communications or documents delivered to us before and during our contractual or pre-contractual dealings with any affiliates, as well as usage of our website and any other information posted on our website, e-mail or otherwise send to us.
1.3 Mandatory Personal Data
For IEG Campus students and alumni, the provision of your Personal Data is mandatory.
However, apart from IEG Campus students and alumni, if you do not wish for your Personal Data to be collected, processed, disclosed or used, kindly e-mail to [email protected]
Consequently, we may not be able to meet your queries, provide you with the relevant services you need, communicate with you and/or access to our website.
2. PURPOSE OF COLLECTING AND PROCESSING INCLUDING DISCLOSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Process enrolments and enquiries, match courses with students’ need, provide appropriate course information for enrolment procedure;
- Day to day administrative matters;
- Correspond with students and parties involved;
- Maintenance of students’ record (including personal and academic information) and academic process management (for example, academic audits, examination administrations and awarding degrees);
- Provision of advice and academic support via Student Administration, Student Services Department (including Counselling Services), International Office and the various Academic Departments;
- Provide ancillary services such as visa application and insurance coverage throughout years of studies/employment in/with IEG Campus;
- Student tuition fees and relevant payments communication and administration;
- Support student health and welfare requirements;
- Management of resources or events for libraries, accommodations, computing facilities, graduations, alumni;
- Produce statistics for internal planning purposes;
- Submissions, research and all other information required by regulatory or statistical authorities agencies or bodies including but without limitation to the Ministry of Education, Malaysian Qualifications Agency, Department for Immigration, Perbadanan Tabung Pendidikan Tinggi Nasional (PTPTN), etc.;
- Internships or third parties’ attachment assistance (if internships are required for the chosen programme);
- Job placements assistance;
- Assessment of potential employee’s job application;
- Employee training and development requirements;
- Employee performance management;
- To perform reference checks, background screening, bankruptcy searches, criminal records, etc
- Internal IEG Campus records management;
- For research, benchmarking and statistical analysis purposes of developing and evaluate education policies and strategies;
- To send you materials or to distribute information on events;
- To send you marketing, advertising and promotional information;
- For IEG Campus to comply with its obligations under the law.
3. DISCLOSURES AND TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
IEG Campus, via academic departments, the Student Administration, Student Services and other ancillary departments may disclose your relevant Personal Data to employees and agents of IEG Campus on a need-to-know basis.
Furthermore, your Personal Data may be disclosed to the following parties:
- Student sponsors including parents or guardians;
- Government loans department, i.e. PTPTN, funding bodies and agencies acting on students’ behalf;
- IEG Campus’s partner universities or affiliated universities (for University registration);
- IPT Formation Management System (IFMS) via the Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia;
- The Ministry of Higher Education, other relevant government departments/agencies and statutory authorities and industry regulators;
- Any person required under regulation or instruction of government agencies;
- The Education Malaysia Global Services and other agencies appointed by the Malaysian immigration department to process visa application or renew student visa during studies at IEG Campus;
- Professional, statutory regulatory or accreditation bodies relevant to students’ programme requirements;
- Foreign government departments, agencies or authorities if students are enrolled in a foreign accredited programme;
- Statutory bodies in relation to employees such as Employee Provident Fund, Social Security Organisation, Inland Revenue Board, Human Resource Development Fund, Immigration Department of Malaysia, Ministry of Higher Education, etc.;
- Third parties providing internships part of the programme requirements;
- IEG Campus business partners, agents, employees, contractors, sub-contractors, service providers or suppliers, statutory authorities and industry regulators;
- Insurance providers, banks, training centres, auditors, consultants, accountants, lawyers or advisors.
Your personal information may be disclosed to relevant parties if we deem that such disclosure is necessary to prevent or mitigate a serious and imminent threat to your life or health or the life or health of another person.
Particularly for students, academic record will be retained indefinitely after graduation for statistical or historical research. Graduate contact details will be added to our alumni database. The Student Services Department may contact you in the future with opportunities including old classmates’ connection, personal network development and career growth.
IEG Campus may use your personal data in any publicity and/or promotion of the college. This includes the publishing of excellent academic results, research grants and the award of a prize or scholarship that is earned at the local or international level.
DISCLOSURE WITH STUDENT’S AUTHORISATION
IEG Campus may release information on tuition fees and academic progress to third parties authorised by you. Request for release of Personal Data should be made in writing by you to the Student Services Department.
As IEG Campus’s information technology storage facilities and servers may be located in other jurisdiction, your Personal Data may be transferred to, stored, used and processed in a jurisdiction other than Malaysia. Further, your Personal Data may be transferred out of Malaysia for the purposes described above. You understand and consent to the transfer of your Personal Data out of Malaysia as described herein.
IEG Campus takes prudent steps to safeguard the confidentiality and security of all Personal Data, including measures to protect the Personal Data from accidental or unlawful loss, alteration, abuse, misuse or disclosure. Despite IEG Campus’s best efforts, however, security cannot be absolutely guaranteed against all threats. To the best of IEG Campus’s ability, access to Personal Data is limited to authorised personnel only, and the authorised personnel are required to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
IEG Campus takes reasonable steps to ensure that such Personal Data are only retained for as long as the information is necessary.
LINK TO WEBSITES
Links to other sites are provided for your convenience and information. These sites may have their own privacy statements in place, which we recommend you review if you visit any linked websites. We are not responsible for the content on the linked sites or any use of the site.
7. RIGHT TO ACCESS AND CORRECT PERSONAL INFORMATION (APPLICABLE TO STUDENT ONLY)
You may at any time request for access, correct or rectify your Personal Data (subject to exceptions under applicable law) by updating your information regularly via Student E-Portal or send an e-mail to [email protected]
8. OPT-OUT OR CHANGE YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION
You may choose to opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us and decide to receive only specific communications or none at all. You may also update your contact information previously provided to us. You cannot remove yourself from our database, but you can prevent unwanted communication. Kindly write to us at [email protected] if you wish to opt-out or change your contact information.
9. CHANGES TO IEG CAMPUS’S PRIVACY NOTICE
From time to time, IEG Campus may make changes to this Privacy Notice. Accordingly, we encourage you to periodically review this notice to remain informed about how we process and protect your Personal Data.
Your continued usage of the IEG Campus website constitutes your acceptance of the processing of your personal data to the extent outlined in this Privacy Notice as amended from time to time.