ICT in Education
10 days + 16 hours Online Coaching
Online / Blended Weekend intensive delivery
ICDL Foundation is an international organisation dedicated to raising digital competence standards in the workforce, education and society. Our certification programs, delivered through an active network in more than 100 countries, enable individuals and organisations to assess, build and certify their competence in the use of computers and digital tools to the globally-recognised ICDL standard.
As a non-profit social enterprise, ICDL Foundation benefits from the unique support of experts from national computer societies and partners worldwide to develop vendor-independent standards that define the skills and knowledge required to use digital technology effectively. We work with education and training partners, local and regional authorities, national governments, international development organisations as well as public and private sector employers in all sectors, in the delivery of our programs.
The quality and reputation of ICDL is built on over twenty years of experience in delivering our certification programs to over 16 million people and in more than 40 languages worldwide, with more than 2.5 million ICDL tests taken annually. Our success is maintained by our ongoing innovation in certification program development, our commitment to rigorous test design methodologies, and consistent adherence to our quality assurance standards.
ICDL Foundation supports the initiatives of National Operators of the program in Europe and the Arab States from our headquarters in Dublin, Ireland and our ICDL Europe office in Brussels, Belgium. We have also established three regional operations – ICDL Africa (based in Rwanda), ICDL Asia (based in Singapore) and ICDL Americas (based in Panama). All ICDL Foundation operations work closely with regional, national and local partners to develop the global network of ICDL Accredited Test Centres.
ICT in Education
The ICT in Education 1.0 module sets out essential concepts and skills required to start engaging in the pedagogically effective use of ICT to support and enhance teaching, learning and assessment in the classroom.
Technology brings many potential benefits to education, but it must be used appropriately. Teachers need to use their own experience as educators to make informed decisions about how best to integrate technology. The ICT in Education module helps teachers to make these decisions, allowing them to introduce technology into their teaching practice in a way that enhances outcomes for students.
|Selecting ICT resources|
|Managing the learning environment|
What are the benefits of this module?
- Certifies the key concepts relating to the use of ICT in the classroom.
- Supports educators who wish to start effectively using ICT in their professional practice.
- Developed with input from subject matter experts in the areas of teaching practice and IT user skills.
On completion of this module the candidate will be able to:
- Understand the key concepts and benefits of using ICT to support and enhance teaching, learning and assessment in the classroom.
- Outline considerations for planning an ICT-enhanced lesson.
- Understand safety, security and well-being considerations when using ICT in education.
- Outline ICT resources that can be used to support and enhance teaching, learning and assessment.
- Understand how to source and evaluate ICT resources to support and enhance teaching, learning and assessment.
- Outline key features of classroom technologies.
- Use key features of a learning platform.
ICDL ICT in Education
For in-depth program details,
Ready to apply?
Still not convinced?