The skills improvement program has been introduced in the PENJANA (Pelan Jana Semula Ekonomi Negara) plan as announced by the Prime Minister to increase the marketability of the unemployed through the Training Program to gain skills and improve skills.
A total of RM2 billion will be allocated to implement Training and skills upgrading programs targeting 200,000 youths and the unemployed.
Skills and Skills Improvement Program
Improve Unemployment Skills
To improve skills for the unemployed, the Government will implement the following programs:
- Public and private partnerships to improve skills in industries such as electrical and electronics (E&E) as well as information and communication technology (ICT) for key investors (through MIDA, corridor authorities)
- Encourage the unemployed to further their studies especially in short-term courses at local universities
- Empower entrepreneurship training conducted under institutions supervised by the Ministry of Agriculture and Food Industry, Ministry of Entrepreneur Development and Cooperatives MARA
- Training scheme for marketing representatives up to RM800 per person by registering at SIDC
Increase Youth Marketability
- Provide matching funds of up to RM250 million to fund training and placement programs in addition to other skills enhancement programs with the Human Sumner Development Cooperation (PSMB)
- Optimize the use of public skills training institutions such as MARA, community colleges, national Youth Skills Institute, and industrial training institutes nationwide
- Support the securities industry development corporation (SIDC) programs such as the Capital Markets Graduate Apprenticeship Program, Islamic Capital Markets Graduate Training Scheme, and the Corporate Financial Training Scheme.
- Support PROTÉGÉ Professional Training and Education under the Financial Industry Collective Outreach (FINCO) which will provide Training and employee experience to up to 2,000 unemployed graduates
- Provide the release of PROTEGÉ Ready to Work (PROTÉGÉ RTW) Scheme
Youths should take this opportunity and implement their initiatives to improve knowledge, skills, and networking during this challenging period. Also learn the soft skills that many offers in online.
Youths need to equip themselves with as many skills as possible because now and in the future, employers need ‘multiskilling’ employees and can do a variety of jobs.
WHAT IS PENJANA HRDF?
The HRDF new economic recovery initiative, PENJANA HRDF – Training Incentive Programme highlights how generating job opportunities and training play a critical part in Malaysia’s fight to get back on its feet in the wake of the COVID-19 peak on unemployment and employability issues.
The government, through PENJANA, emphasises training in terms of reskilling and upskilling of Malaysians to enhance the employability of the unemployed.
These efforts will be implemented through collaborations with various ministries and agencies.
HRDF at the same time seeks qualified partners in delivering the initiatives crafted as part of the short to medium-term COVID-19 economic recovery plan, specifically related to job placement, entrepreneurship, self-employment and market-driven industrial revolution 4.0 training.
WHAT IS PENJANA KERJAYA?
Training Program Under Hiring Incentives is an incentive provided by the government through SOCSO to employers to train employees who have been hired for
working under the Career Generator Incentive (CGI).
Training Program Under Hiring Incentives is intended for employees employed by employers have the opportunity to improve their skills in line with needs employment and employer companies.
The Training Program under EIS is open to all fields jobs and companies in this country are as follows:
- Information Technology, Digital Literacy, Microsoft 365
- IR 4.0 related training program (Automation, data exchange in manufacturing technologies, internet of things (IoT), industrial internet of things (IIOT), cloud computing, artificial intelligence, and machine learning, big data analytic, etc
- Manufacturing / Engineering and Technical
- Hospitality professional
- Marketing / Sales / Wholesale and retail
- Human Resource Management
- Finance and insurance
- Healthcare and others