Online / Blended Weekend intensive delivery
ICDL Foundation is an international organisation dedicated to raising digital competence standards in the workforce, education and society. Our certification programs, delivered through an active network in more than 100 countries, enable individuals and organisations to assess, build and certify their competence in the use of computers and digital tools to the globally-recognised ICDL standard.
As a non-profit social enterprise, ICDL Foundation benefits from the unique support of experts from national computer societies and partners worldwide to develop vendor-independent standards that define the skills and knowledge required to use digital technology effectively. We work with education and training partners, local and regional authorities, national governments, international development organisations as well as public and private sector employers in all sectors, in the delivery of our programs.
The quality and reputation of ICDL is built on over twenty years of experience in delivering our certification programs to over 16 million people and in more than 40 languages worldwide, with more than 2.5 million ICDL tests taken annually. Our success is maintained by our ongoing innovation in certification program development, our commitment to rigorous test design methodologies, and consistent adherence to our quality assurance standards.
ICDL Foundation supports the initiatives of National Operators of the program in Europe and the Arab States from our headquarters in Dublin, Ireland and our ICDL Europe office in Brussels, Belgium. We have also established three regional operations – ICDL Africa (based in Rwanda), ICDL Asia (based in Singapore) and ICDL Americas (based in Panama). All ICDL Foundation operations work closely with regional, national and local partners to develop the global network of ICDL Accredited Test Centres.
The Online Essentials module sets out essential concepts and skills relating to web browsing, effective information search, online communication and e-mail.
Using online tools and services to find information and to communicate is a key park of day-to-day working life. The skills and knowledge that underpin these activities are covered in the Online Essentials module, which focuses on browsing, searching, and communicating.
|Web browsing concepts|
What are the benefits of this module?
- Covers the key skills needed to understand the main concepts relating to web browsing and online security.
- Certifies best practice in effective online computer use.
- Developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practising computer professionals from all over the world. This process ensures the relevance and range of module content.
On completion of this module the candidate will be able to:
- Understand web browsing and online security concepts.
- Use the web browser and manage browser settings, bookmarks, and web outputs.
- Search effectively for online information and critically evaluate web content.
- Understand key copyright and data protection issues.
- Understand concepts of online communities, communications and email.
- Send, receive e-mails and manage email settings.
- Organise and search emails and use calendars.
ICDL Online Essentials
For in-depth program details,
Ready to apply?
Still not convinced?