Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
March, July and November
Full Time : 3 years (Minimum) or
Part Time: 4 years (Minimum)
Online / Blended Weekend intensive delivery
Fee & Scholarship:
Flexible payment and scholarship.
Universiti Tun Abdul Razak (UNIRAZAK) was established on 18 December 1997 and is one of the first private universities in Malaysia. UNIRAZAK is wholly-owned by Yayasan Pelaburan Bumiputra, which also owns Permodalan Nasional Berhad (PNB). Since 2012, UNIRAZAK has been under the leadership and guidance of our esteemed Chancellor, YABhg. Tun Ahmad Sarji bin Abdul Hamid.
UNIRAZAK is known for its coveted degrees which were jointly-developed in partnership with globally renowned professional bodies. This unique approach enabled its students to obtain dual publications: a degree and accreditation by professional bodies relevant to their chosen fields be they in accounting, management, taxation and Islamic banking & finance. To date, UNIRAZAK’s programme partners include CPA Australia, Chartered Management Institute of United Kingdom (CMI), Malaysian Association of Tax Accountants (MATA), Chartered Tax Institute of Malaysia (CTIM), Islamic Banking and Finance Institute Malaysia (IBFIM), Malaysian Institute of Insurance (MII) and others. Today, UNIRAZAK is firmly established as ‘Kuala Lumpur’s Premier School of Business, Government & Education’.
UNIRAZAK meets the highest standards for tertiary education and has been awarded MSC-status and SIRIM certification ISO 9001:2000. In 2017, UNIRAZAK achieved 4-star ratings for MYRA and SETARA and was bestowed the Ministry of Education’s Grand Award for ‘Entrepreneurial Private University of the Year’ in 2015.
GRADUATE SCHOOL OF BUSINESS (GSB)
Graduate School of Business (GSB) helps to realize the university’s aspiration to be a centre that provides high quality education and training of managerial leaders with internationally acclaimed recognitions and accreditations. As a centre of excellence in postgraduate business education, GSB specializes in providing business and management related program which are relevant and purposeful in meeting the current and future needs of the industry. The program are designed to provide real world practical learning experiences that incorporate both hard and soft skills as well as to be intellectually stimulating with well-grounded theories on business and management. GSB is home to a wide variety of specialized postgraduate academic program that set themselves apart from the staple program offerings found at many universities. Such program include Master of Management, the first MBA (Online) in SEA with secured anti-cheating Virtual Exam Centre and specialized MBAs accredited by Chartered Manager Institute (CMI), United Kingdom (UK) like MBA (Leadership), MBA (Services Management) and MBA (Retail and Hypermarket). With CMI Program, graduates will be certified up to Level 7 Chartered Manager status, the first ever in Malaysia. We also offer research program such as Master of Philosophy (MPhil) and Doctor of Philosophy.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
- To encourage and guide students to pursue research which advances knowledge and discipline with relevant research skills;
- To equip students with various research methods and forms of enquiry to explore the frontiers of knowledge in the field of business and management research;
- To enhance students’ effectiveness in articulating and communicating research findings in both oral presentations and reports.
UNIRAZAK PhD UNITS
The program is divided into two parts as follows:
A. Taught Courses:
A Master’s degree from Universiti Tun Abdul Razak or its equivalent from an institution of higher learning recognized by
the Malaysian Government or any other equivalent qualification recognized by the University Senate.
- There shall be no direct entry from bachelor’s degree level to doctoral degree level.
- Candidates with bachelor’s degree qualifications may apply to convert their candidacy to the doctoral degree program after a year enrollment of master’s degree subjected to:
- Having shown competency and capability in conducting research at doctoral degree level;
- Rigorous internal assessment by the University;
- Approval by the University Senate
- A minimum score of Band 6.0 in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS)*; or
- A minimum score of 550 for a paper-based total or 80 for an Internet based total for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)*; or
- A minimum of Grade C in First Cambridge English (FCE) minimum scale 169, or B2 in CEFR, or Pearson Test of English (PTE 50-58) as required proficiency; or
- A recognized first degree undertaken in English medium; or
- Successful attainment of FCE minimum of Grade C (169) conducted by the Centre for English Language (CEL) within 12 months from the date of entry with conditional offer letter.
Engaged in Policy and Strategic Research as Academics, Industry Experts, Policy Advisors.
UNIRAZAK Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
For in-depth program details
Ready to apply?
Still not convinced?