Online / Blended Weekend intensive delivery
ICDL Foundation is an international organisation dedicated to raising digital competence standards in the workforce, education and society. Our certification programs, delivered through an active network in more than 100 countries, enable individuals and organisations to assess, build and certify their competence in the use of computers and digital tools to the globally-recognised ICDL standard.
As a non-profit social enterprise, ICDL Foundation benefits from the unique support of experts from national computer societies and partners worldwide to develop vendor-independent standards that define the skills and knowledge required to use digital technology effectively. We work with education and training partners, local and regional authorities, national governments, international development organisations as well as public and private sector employers in all sectors, in the delivery of our programs.
The quality and reputation of ICDL is built on over twenty years of experience in delivering our certification programs to over 16 million people and in more than 40 languages worldwide, with more than 2.5 million ICDL tests taken annually. Our success is maintained by our ongoing innovation in certification program development, our commitment to rigorous test design methodologies, and consistent adherence to our quality assurance standards.
ICDL Foundation supports the initiatives of National Operators of the program in Europe and the Arab States from our headquarters in Dublin, Ireland and our ICDL Europe office in Brussels, Belgium. We have also established three regional operations – ICDL Africa (based in Rwanda), ICDL Asia (based in Singapore) and ICDL Americas (based in Panama). All ICDL Foundation operations work closely with regional, national and local partners to develop the global network of ICDL Accredited Test Centres.
The Web Editing 2.0 module sets out the skills and knowledge required to understand key web publishing concepts and to create, upload, and maintain a web site.
Every organisation, big or small, needs to have a web presence. Developing and maintaining a well-designed web site is a crucial tool for communication and engagement. Supporting these activities, the Web Editing module explains relevant concepts and builds the skills associated with using web publishing software.
What are the benefits of this module?
- Applicable to a variety of web publishing software.
- Provides the candidate with the skills to develop, publish, and maintain a website.
- Certifies best practice in website creation.
- Developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practising computer professionals from all over the world. This process ensures the relevance and range of module content.
On completion of this module the candidate will be able to:
- Understand key web concepts and terms.
- Know about the basic principles of HTML; use common HTML mark-up tags to modify the layout of a web page.
- Use a web authoring application to design and format web pages; format text; work with hyperlinks and tables.
- Recognise and use common web image formats; create forms in a web page.
- Understand and use cascading style sheets.
- Prepare web pages for publishing to a web server.
ICDL Web Editing
For in-depth program details,
Ready to apply?
Still not convinced?