Online / Blended Weekend intensive delivery
ICDL Foundation is an international organisation dedicated to raising digital competence standards in the workforce, education and society. Our certification programs, delivered through an active network in more than 100 countries, enable individuals and organisations to assess, build and certify their competence in the use of computers and digital tools to the globally-recognised ICDL standard.
As a non-profit social enterprise, ICDL Foundation benefits from the unique support of experts from national computer societies and partners worldwide to develop vendor-independent standards that define the skills and knowledge required to use digital technology effectively. We work with education and training partners, local and regional authorities, national governments, international development organisations as well as public and private sector employers in all sectors, in the delivery of our programs.
The quality and reputation of ICDL is built on over twenty years of experience in delivering our certification programs to over 16 million people and in more than 40 languages worldwide, with more than 2.5 million ICDL tests taken annually. Our success is maintained by our ongoing innovation in certification program development, our commitment to rigorous test design methodologies, and consistent adherence to our quality assurance standards.
ICDL Foundation supports the initiatives of National Operators of the program in Europe and the Arab States from our headquarters in Dublin, Ireland and our ICDL Europe office in Brussels, Belgium. We have also established three regional operations – ICDL Africa (based in Rwanda), ICDL Asia (based in Singapore) and ICDL Americas (based in Panama). All ICDL Foundation operations work closely with regional, national and local partners to develop the global network of ICDL Accredited Test Centres.
The Image Editing 2.0 module sets out the knowledge and skills required to digital image concepts and to use an image editing application to enhance images, apply effects, and prepare an image for printing and publishing.
Compelling images can help when presenting facts, explaining concepts, or influencing sentiment or emotion. Image editing software makes doing this easier and supports the creation of professional outputs. The Image Editing module certifies best practice when creating, editing, and outputting digital images.
|Using the application|
|Working with images|
|Drawing and painting|
What are the benefits of this module?
- Can be applied to a range of image editing software from professional packages to freeware
- Certifies best practice in basic digital image editing.
- Provides a solid grounding in working with digital images.
- Developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practising computer professionals from all over the world. This process ensures the relevance and range of module content.
On completion of this module the candidate will be able to:
- Understand the main concepts of using digital images; understand graphic format options and colour concepts.
- Open an existing image; save an image in different formats; set image file options.
- Use built-in options, such as displaying toolbars, palettes, to enhance productivity.
- Capture and save an image; use various selection tools; manipulate images.
- Create and use layers; work with text; use effects and filters; use drawing and painting tools.
- Prepare images for printing or publishing.
ICDL Image Editing
For in-depth program details,
Ready to apply?
Still not convinced?