Online / Blended Weekend intensive delivery
ICDL Foundation is an international organisation dedicated to raising digital competence standards in the workforce, education and society. Our certification programs, delivered through an active network in more than 100 countries, enable individuals and organisations to assess, build and certify their competence in the use of computers and digital tools to the globally-recognised ICDL standard.
As a non-profit social enterprise, ICDL Foundation benefits from the unique support of experts from national computer societies and partners worldwide to develop vendor-independent standards that define the skills and knowledge required to use digital technology effectively. We work with education and training partners, local and regional authorities, national governments, international development organisations as well as public and private sector employers in all sectors, in the delivery of our programs.
The quality and reputation of ICDL is built on over twenty years of experience in delivering our certification programs to over 16 million people and in more than 40 languages worldwide, with more than 2.5 million ICDL tests taken annually. Our success is maintained by our ongoing innovation in certification program development, our commitment to rigorous test design methodologies, and consistent adherence to our quality assurance standards.
ICDL Foundation supports the initiatives of National Operators of the program in Europe and the Arab States from our headquarters in Dublin, Ireland and our ICDL Europe office in Brussels, Belgium. We have also established three regional operations – ICDL Africa (based in Rwanda), ICDL Asia (based in Singapore) and ICDL Americas (based in Panama). All ICDL Foundation operations work closely with regional, national and local partners to develop the global network of ICDL Accredited Test Centres.
The Computer Essentials module sets out essential concepts and skills relating to the use of devices, file creation and management, networks, and data security.
There is a range of essentials skills and knowledge that everyone who uses technology should possess. These skills and knowledge will allow you to manage computers, devices, and data securely and effectively. ICDL Computer Essentials builds these, allowing you take advantage of the opportunity technology provides in the workplace.
|Computers and devices|
|Desktop, icons, settings|
|Security and wellbeing|
What are the benefits of this module?
- Covers the key skills and main concepts relating to ICT, computers, devices, and software
- Certifies best practice in effective computer use
- Developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practising computer professionals from all over the world. This process ensures the relevence and range of module content
On completion of this module the candidate will be able to:
- Understand key concepts relating to ICT, computers, devices and software.
- Start up and shut down a computer
- Work effectively on the computer desktop using icons, windows
- Adjust the main operating system settings and use built-in help features
- Create a simple document and print an output
- Know about the main concepts of file management and be able to efficiently organise files and folders
- Understand key storage concepts and use utility software to compress and extract large files
- Understand network concepts and connection options and be able to connect to a network
- Understand the importance of protecting data and devices from malware, and the importance of backing up data
- Recognise considerations relating to green IT, accessibility, and user health
ICDL Computer Essentials
For in-depth program details,
Ready to apply?
Still not convinced?