Online / Blended Weekend intensive delivery
ICDL Foundation is an international organisation dedicated to raising digital competence standards in the workforce, education and society. Our certification programs, delivered through an active network in more than 100 countries, enable individuals and organisations to assess, build and certify their competence in the use of computers and digital tools to the globally-recognised ICDL standard.
As a non-profit social enterprise, ICDL Foundation benefits from the unique support of experts from national computer societies and partners worldwide to develop vendor-independent standards that define the skills and knowledge required to use digital technology effectively. We work with education and training partners, local and regional authorities, national governments, international development organisations as well as public and private sector employers in all sectors, in the delivery of our programs.
The quality and reputation of ICDL is built on over twenty years of experience in delivering our certification programs to over 16 million people and in more than 40 languages worldwide, with more than 2.5 million ICDL tests taken annually. Our success is maintained by our ongoing innovation in certification program development, our commitment to rigorous test design methodologies, and consistent adherence to our quality assurance standards.
ICDL Foundation supports the initiatives of National Operators of the program in Europe and the Arab States from our headquarters in Dublin, Ireland and our ICDL Europe office in Brussels, Belgium. We have also established three regional operations – ICDL Africa (based in Rwanda), ICDL Asia (based in Singapore) and ICDL Americas (based in Panama). All ICDL Foundation operations work closely with regional, national and local partners to develop the global network of ICDL Accredited Test Centres.
The 2D Design 1.0 module sets out the skills and knowledge used to create and manipulate objects or elements in two-dimensional design. It will also covers changing object properties and printing or plotting outputs.
Designers in a range of areas, such as product development or construction, use computer-aided design software to increase their productivity and improve the quality of their designs. The 2D CAD module covers in a practical way the keys skills required to use this software effectively.
What are the benefits of this module?
- Provides a comprehensive introduction to core 2D CAD skills
- Can be applied to a range of 2D CAD software from professional packages to freeware
- Certifies best practice in 2D CAD software use
- Provides a strong level of knowledge that enhances non-technical staff awareness of the fundamentals of 2D CAD, developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts and practising computer professionals from all over the world. This process ensures the relevance and range of module content
On completion of this module the candidate will be able to:
- Use a two-dimensional design application to create and save drawings, import and export drawings
- Use layers and levels
- Create objects and elements; use selection tools; manipulate objects and elements
- Use inquiry commands, for example, to measure distances, angles, areas
- Set and modify properties; create and modify text and dimensions
- Use blocks and cells; create, edit, and use objects from a cell library; embed or link to objects using OLE
- Prepare outputs for printing or plotting
Thank you for your interest in
ICDL 2D Design
For in-depth program details,
Ready to apply?
Still not convinced?